Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pearly Whites



When it comes to our smile we all want it to 'shine bright like a diamond!'
So out of all the teeth whiteners to choose from, which ones are the best?

According to Google, the top two were Crest 3D White Intensive Professional Effects (7 day treatment) and Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel. I really wanted to try both of them, because they both had such amazing reviews, but with one huge difference. THE PRICE.

The Crest 3D white Costs $50 (you can find other crest 3D whites for less, but I am referencing the price for this specific whitening system)  While the Plus White 5 Minute Whitening Gel is $7.

Naturally since the Crest 3D White is $50, I tried it first, thinking it would have the most dramatic/effective results. Now with this whitening system you are suppose to do it once a day for 7 days and leave the white strips on for 2 hours. I found this to be quite annoying. No matter how tight they grip to your teeth, its a bit uncomfortable, and two hours of this.

After the first two treatments I noticed my teeth were a little bit whiter (nothing crazy) but I also noticed that they were EXTREMELY sensitive as well. If a cool breeze happened to blow by on my tooth (don't ask why this would even happen) it would cause me some pain. I backed off, and didn't do another treatment for about a month. Then I tried once more and had the same sensitivity issue. I cant imagine 7 days in a row. Now, not everyone will have this problem, but I sure did. All in all, I had more discomfort with this, than I had results.

After dealing with that I didn't want to mess with whitening my teeth for a while. But now that it is summer time, I want a nice white smile to pair with my tan. So I tried the 5 minute whitening gel and its fantastic! Its quick, easy to apply, and it WORKS. You can see results the first time you use it.

The conclusion to this story, just because it costs more, doesn't always mean its better.

So if you want whiter teeth fast, without spending a lot, go to your local CVS and pick up some 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment