Thursday, May 1, 2014

War Paint

Is there such a thing as TOO much make up??

Owning too much? Never! Wearing too much .....Unfortunately, In my opinion, yes.

I don't want to use any pictures as examples, because I do not want to offend anyone. Everyone is always entitled to do whatever it is that makes them happy.

I just keep seeing these contouring tutorials and makeup videos, and its very frequent that these women are wearing 6 or 7 different products on their faces. Starting with moisturizer, then primer, then BB cream, then CC cream, then paint half your face white and the other a tan brown to contour, then blend, then apply foundation, then apply setting powder........Its A LOT! Our faces need to breathe!! Also, what are we trying to hide here? There is nothing more beautiful than a woman being confident in her natural form.

I use to be one of those people that watched the videos and actually did apply ALL that makeup, and my boyfriend would always tell me he prefers me more natural, with just a little makeup to highlight my features. Which I always do now, and am much happier with.

I LOVE Kim Kardashian and ALL the Kardashians for that matter, but I do feel that she set this standard of beauty, that we are all now trying to achieve by wearing too much makeup, false eyelashes, fake hair, War Paint.

New Years Eve, Weddings, Birthdays, Special Events....that is when I feel like it is okay to have some fun, and go all out! But fake eyelashes, Long Mermaid Extensions, and a full face of make up to go to starbucks or your local bar? Why!

Again this post is NOT to offend anyone, but on the contrary, it is to ask...why do we feel we even NEED all of that stuff to be "beautiful"?  We don't is the answer. At least it is my answer. Embrace your natural beauty, and let that also come from within. Once you get use to your natural beauty, with a little touch ups here and there with the right products, you'll never want to go back to heavy make up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment